March 29, 2013

Darr ke aagey Hrithik hai

MOUNTAIN DEW MAN HRITHIK ROSHAN ON FACING HIS FEARS AND LIVING IN THE MOMENT

Hrithik Roshanis the new face of fizzy drink Mountain Dew. 


What makes Hrithik Roshan and Mountain Dew a brand fit?
Simply put, their tagline ‘Darr ke aage jeet hai’ is symbolic of my life. In my entire journey, if you pick any one day, it’s a living example of that one line. Whatever I am today… wherever I am, is because of that philosophy. Fear is an energy that makes me grow. I use my anxiety to empower myself to overcome my fears. 

Hrithik Roshan the fitness icon and Mountain Dew the aerated drink: how do you explain the association?
Anything in moderation is acceptable. Am I a health freak? Yes. Do I pride myself as being a fitness icon? Yes. Do I drink Mountain Dew when I want to? Yes. It’s as simple as that. I am a healthy person who knows what’s good for me and what I need to do to keep fit. 

What are the biggest fears you have overcome in life?
I have stopped calling them my fears… I look at them as challenges. Once you experience the joy of overcoming a certain fear, you become addicted to it in the sense that you want to create more challenges. I don’t sleep well at night if I haven’t accomplished something, however minor it may be. Most of these involve fighting my fears. I am glad I have fears and I am thankful for my challenges because they have made me the man I am today.

The brand also embodies the spirit of adventure. Besides Bollywood — which is an adventure in itself! — what is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
I believe that one should have variety in one’s experiences. Adventure is a wonderful place to be in and I love all kinds of adventure, be it trekking or skydiving or scuba diving. I consider it a form of meditation… a way to relax your mind. You can’t be balancing on a snowboard and thinking of your problems. You have to live in that moment… for me that’s adventure.

How was it shooting for the ad in Bali?
I loved working with people who I thought were better than me and because of that I got to learn many things. The director of the ad (Prashant) Verma was wonderful to work with. We had a great team and we went in all guns blazing and shot a wonderful ad. 

The fear that you have in the ad (hydrophobia) is the one your character Arjun suffers from in Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. Did that come in from you or the creative team?
As an actor, I wasn’t really looking to duplicate something I had already done on screen (laughs), but yes, it was reminiscent of that film. 

Was it easier jumping off that cliff in the ad considering you have done that already in Zindagi... and now in Krissh 3?
(Laughs) Believe me, every time you have to jump off a building or jump off a cliff or dive into water, it feels like the first time… every single time. You still have to get over that nausea, that anxiety. But once you take that leap of faith, the rush of adrenaline and the excitement is just unparalleled

Credit : Telegraph

0 comments:

Hrithik Roshan